Saturday, March 30, 2013

March 30, 2013






This is what our Spring Break looks like so far.


The kids - mostly Kate- has been talking about how everyone she knows is going on vacation but us for Spring Break.  Really I had no idea there was such an exodus for Spring Break, because it does seem true that half the city has left.  I don't know that we have ever done something for Spring break, but of course we have never had school to work around until this year.  We tell the kids we can't go on vacation because Mom might have a baby while we are gone.  Maybe next year.  They are already planning their own trip to Disneyland for next Spring Break.  I hope they are not disappointed next year too. I had considered making a stay-cation at a hotel near by where we could swim and play.  But sleeping in a room with all the children when I already can't sleep just didn't seem worth it.

 Last night Kate thought she saw a nieghbor girl packing her car to go on vacation too and started getting all teared up.  We have been planning her birthday party for during Spring Break and she is sad so many people can't come.  Like I said, we didn't realize that so many people lived Spring Break up, and with a baby coming  in the next two weeks we didn't have a ton of options.  One of her favorite friends moved this week too.  I know they are silly little sad things but it breaks my heart to see her sad.
And to disappoint the kids that we are being boring and not doing anything for Spring Break.  Why did they have to learn Spring Break was even a thing.

The 2nd picture I found when I uploaded the pictures onto the computer.  Somebody snapped this picture of me I guess when I was asleep or resting on the couch.  It is often where I can be found these days.  I'm pathetic, and huge and my feet swell to a painful size if I don't keep them up almost all the time.  I'm having contractions mild ones, starting just like with Sam, about every evening somewhere between 3 and 5pm, that last until around 9pm or sometimes through the night.  Hopefully they will do something eventually... other than make me completely exhausted.... like make me have a baby.  I told you that most my posts from here would be "where is this baby?" "why can't I just have this baby?" etc.

Jake has been working on the yard for his Spring Break.  Trying to level the dirt and rocks to something that will eventually be a lawn.  It is funny that I only hope my girls will find a man someday that knows how to do things like drive a tractor?  The big yard we were super excited about seems very daunting at this point.  We have made two planter boxes and filled one with small shrubs and pansies.  It took an entire Saturday, plus  another hour another day.  At least it is preventing me from planting my garden to early like I always do.

Happy Spring Break.   It will hopefully be our last week with only three kids.

No comments: