Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Aug 20, 2013










Kate headed off to 1st grade this morning

Last night just her and I went to back to school night.  We met our teacher Mrs. Hayter and a bunch of kids in our class.  Actually we already knew our teacher (her and I served in a Young Women's presidency together two years ago) and most of the kids in our class (they were either in our class last year or are in our ward now, or were in our old ward). I'm so excited for Kate.  I think she is going to have a great year.  She even said to me after "I won't have to worry about making friends because I already am friends with everyone"  It is so nice when things work out kindly for your kid.   It never hurts to know the teacher personally too.  After the class meeting we went out for cupcakes just the two of us.  Kate thought that was pretty special, especially when she couldn't decide to get chocolate or raspberry and I let her get both, of course she share them both with me too.  We prepacked her lunch in her new hello kitty lunch box and her backpack with pencils and cute erasers and scissors and whatever else she might need.  She had her purple outfit with her purple headband and her new sparkly purple shoes all ready.
This morning we woke her up early to get ready.  She even had enough time for family scripture and prayer and her chore.  We had rasin bran with milkl and tea for breakfast (she had a bit of the sniffles).  Then a few quick pictures and we walked to the bus.  Which hip hip hooray has moved and now we can see it from the front door.  On our two minute walk we ran into all our friends and hung out at the bus stop with everyone for a minutes (checking out each others shoes/ talking about teachers etc) oh to be a fly on the wall in the bus.
As we were walking to the bus- of course Kate was running she never walks when she is excited she shouts to the world "here I come first grade"  I'll be honest it made me tear up, she was just so confident and excited.
I can't wait until she comes home so I can hear all about her day.

*update.  She came home.  It didn't seem as long as I thought it might.  Having afternoon kindergarten maybe helped as I am use to her coming home at 3:30 already, she just goes sooner now.
The first thing off the bus was "Mom I found M & M's and a valentine in my lunch box."  They were from me of course and she knew it.  Then she told me about how one of her friends said she had the best lunch of everyone, she almost agreed, except somebody else didn't have to eat a sandwich so she and also had M & M's so she concluded their was better.  She told me all the friends she sat by at lunch and who and what she played (some microphone rock game) at recess.  All about the rules and lining up.  She also told me on the two minute walk home that she had a bus sticker and it ruined her shirt, she had a shirt with glitter on it and it came off with the sticker.  She showed me the math they had done. Sounds like it was awesome.  She has class with our neighbor girl Jackie.... I think I'm a bit jealous of all the time they spend together, not only did they play all summer, they walk to and ride the bus to school together, sit near one another in class, ate lunch together, played at recess together, rode the bus home together and then after a snack and a chore, they played outside before dinner together.  Love it!

1 comment:

lilybit said...

You have raised her well.