Sunday, August 4, 2013

Aug 4, 2013 (July 2013)



























Mini vacation to Las Vegas.   We orginally thought we might stay in Vegas on our way to Fresno this summer, but when Jake's parents came to see us instead we changed our minds, and didn't take our summer Fresno trip, we kept the Vegas though, it was our ten year anniversary last week after all and we knew getting away with a newborn baby was unrealistic- so away we went, with all four kids instead.

#1  It bodes well when you wake up in the morning to leave for your trip and there are a dozen hot air balloons out the back windows.

#2.  Bethany shows off her new swim suit I just bought.  I'm not sure why it took me three girls to finally buy an infant swim suit.  Even if she never got in the pool, she looked adorable.

#3.  Marianne got a new suit too.  I know it is  August, a little late, but its August so swim suits were super cheap.  She looks so sweet.

#4 & 5.  All four kids feel alseep the second leg of our drive.  This has never ever happened.  Ever. Even driving home in the middle of the night just two days later we never had four kids asleep at one time.  Four in the afternoon asleep.  We could have driven forever.  If this makes our drive look like heaven think twice.  At our pit stop for lunch, Jake took the three kids in for hamburgers and I stayed in the car to feed Bethany.  I did, she had a major poop-tastrophy in my lap.  I had to change my clothes and then sit in the back seat because my seat (why don't we have leather seats I am not sure) was also covered.   Also we seriously paid for these naps as later that night- even in the two room hotel suite we had so that we could possibly get children to sleep, they would not until just before midnight.

#6.  Bethy pool side.  Her and I hung outside the pool because there were a lot of people in the pool and maybe a little too public for such a new babe.

#7 & 8 Jake manages all three non swimming kids in a very crowded lazy river.  The next day I took just Kate and Sam and it was a lot more fun.

#9  More pool side Bethy.  She sucks her thumb like a pro now.  Everyone that passed us sitting by the pool had something to say about my gorgeous babe.  Actually every where we went people had something to say about our children.  I forget how many four kids 6 and under looks to people outside of Utah.  And as blonde and white as we are we sure stick out everywhere we go.  And I love all the comments, be they good, bad or funny.  My children are the jewels in my crown and I wear it proudly.

#10-#15  Kid playing at the beach entry pool at the resort.  This was my favorite part.  It was pretty cool, and our kids were swim ready at 7:30 in the morning so we had the beach to ourselves.

#16- #19  Kids on the carousel at Cirucs Circus.  This was an adventure for sure.  We let the kids each pick three rides.  Kate and Sam rode a super scary fast roller coaster "for kids".  Kate thought it was amazing, Sam love the first round but I could see him trying to be so brave and holding on tight for the rest of it.  Then we all ended up together on the carousel.  Kate said her favorite part of the girl showing off a Mr. Fuzzy doll, one of those little magnetic worm toys.  It was a fun adventure aside from my almost nervous breakdown about germs.  Driving down the strip was pretty fun too.  We had hope to walk around more but we forgot the stroller and it was super hot so it didn't seem possible.  The kids loved looking at the castle and statues and water features and pirate ships.  We even got super lucky and saw some pretty (and modest thankfully) dancers decked out, a transformer, Darth Vader and a Storm Trooper, and Big Bird.  

I complain that it was not a perfect trip, and too much work, but being at home is a ton of work too, so at least it was something new, plus the kids had a ton of fun especially swimming and that is all I am ever working for.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

'my kids are the jewels of my crown' - - - LOVE it! I got so many unpleasant comments when I just had three kids, I was concerned how things would go when TK arrived. But... I totally agree with you and the negative comments or raised eyebrows somehow just make me smile that much bigger. :)