Friday, September 13, 2013

Sept 13, 2013















1. Sam and Jake ready for their first game. Jake is coaching his little under 6 team.  I know for a fact that this has been something Jake has been looking forward to- coaching his own kids soccer team- since he was at least 23 year old.  Because that was when I met Jake- and he talked about it then.  Sam has been SOOOOO excited.  Excited about his new cleats we found one day when just he and I were out running errands, excited about the soccer balls the rec center gave us to use for the team, excited to pick out the snack for the first game, excited for Dad to be his coach, excited to has his best friend Ethan on the team.  It was a great first game- and Sam made his first GOAL ever.  Last year he didn't manage to make one goal the entire season and we praised him on his great defense but he seemed to think that was just not as good as goal scoring.  He was so happy the whole game.  We are looking forward to the rest of the games.

2.  My selfie-  I actually took this trying to take one of my darling babe out of the bath   I thought it resembled all the pictures I see of a younger generation posting of themselves posing in bathroom mirrors.  Only mine is super true to my self- sweat shirt, ponytail, and a baby in my arms.... oh and a camera too.  It is the perfect selfie.

3.  More pictures of my baby out of the bath.  We have a large sink in our master bath, and it is where Bethany has had every bath.  She is starting to be a little too big now though.

4.  Marianne pretends to be a dog.  She is very into pretending now.  And very good at it.  And very good at talking. She says full sentences now and they are so funny.  Her and I have got to spend some fun time together while Sam is at preschool and Bethany naps.  We go to the pet store a lot.  Yesterday on the way in she remembered where we were and said "frogs?"    We had to take Kate her lunch yesterday, and Marianne jumped through the puddles in the parking lot at the school asking "Water?"  I guess she hasn't spent too much time in the rain.  "Puddles" I told her.  And let her jump and play.  It has been raining harder and more than I have ever seen in my life the past week or two.  It wakes us up at night, and I believe the lighting had something to do with Jake's iphone dying-  though he blames letting the kids play with it.  Lucky for Cola, her shock collar radius has been turned up and she can get to the front porch and hang out there during the storms. And she does.  And she hangs out there all the time too.  I love coming home and seeing our sweet dog waiting on the front porch.

5& 6.  Kate is doing great at school, and we aren't surprised of course.  She can read now. Just read.  Books, signs, anything.  Here are a few of her papers from school this week.  One I didn't include was "why are you special"  she didn't have time to write anything because she spent too much time on the picture.  I think with these two she remembered to do the sentence first and then the picture.  She likes to add a lot of detail and color as you can see. The first one must have had the prompt "something you like do to"  "I like to jump rope" she puts.  with a stiped jump rope, flower in her hair and eyelashes.
To the questions "what do you dream of doing when you grow up"  She writes "I want to be a book writer"  I love it!  Notice she is sitting at a desk working on a book under a rainbow.  Sounds like her grown up life is going to be very lovely!


7.8.9.  It is fall so of course I've been doing a ton of pictures for people- and I need to get on some editing pronto.  I love it.  Even if our calendar is completely full.  It is fun to have an interest where I can learn and something I feel has measurable results. These pictures are some of my favourites I took this week when I was out waiting for one of my families to arrive.  I love color and design, though I don't know that I am great at it in more traditional places like decorating or crafts-  I'm happy to explore some of these creative things with photos.  Shooting landscape or more arty stuff is what I enjoy-more than people, but it is pretty hard to make a couple hundred dollars a week shooting logs and bees.  So I'll do it on the side of my side job :)




No comments: