Monday, September 16, 2013

Sept 16 2013



























This afternoon we had things to do planned  Laundry, work, and maybe even some flu shots.  Jake at lunch said maybe we should go to the zoo when Kate got home- I had mentioned wanting to sometime soon, and that was about as soon as it could get.  It was the best day to go.  The weather was perfect and there was nobody at the whole zoo.  Plus I got some of the last discount tickets at the tire store in town who had them.
Our kids were happy and pleasant and having a blast.  And not only was it the zoo- there was a lego animal exhibit as well.  And you know our kids and LEGOs. sooo it was win win win win win.... win.

We were having a wonderful slow paced afternoon at the zoo, until we got to the Polar Bear tank- which is new.  Then our trip turned from wonderful- to the best zoo trip ever!  The polar bear was super friendly and visited our kids at the glass and swam around like crazy- we stayed at the Polar Bear tank for almost 30 minutes.  It was so much fun!

It was Bethany's first trip to a zoo-  she hardly noticed except that she was missing her nap. Mari roared at the bear- and said "elephant" adorably.  Sam was interested in "legendary snakes"??? and Kate reminded us that she knew all about the zoo because she went on a field trip there in kindergarten.  Also Sam and Kate as always got maps and navigated the entire time- that is one of their favorite parts to figure out the maps and tell us which way to go.

It has been a few years since I have felt like we are able to go and have fun as a family- like since before I got pregnant with Mari three years ago.  It is great to be back to a place where I feel like we can enjoy doing things as a family.
I always say there are hard things about being self employed, I complain about our health insurance on a weekly basis for example- but nothing beats being able to sneak  Jake away from work for hours of family time when ever the weather is perfect and we feeling like going to the zoo.

3 comments:

lilybit said...

A lot of good memories at that zoo!

Lindsay said...

Apparently I'm feeling chatty today. :) 2 things

1) Marianne's face in that butterfly picture made me stop my scrolling and stare! So beautiful!

2) These are my favorite kinds of days. I'm not very good at deviating from my plans, but whenever I do I'm always glad I did.

3) Jake's job schedule sounds like an absolute dream to me.

Lindsay said...

Oh... I guess that was 3. Ha!