Thursday, September 19, 2013

Sept 20, 2013


I have a new game .

It is called "What is in my car"

It is a pretty great game.  And it comes with prizes.

It has simple rules too.

The rules: You clean out the car- and you get to pick one item to keep for the strange and broad selection found in that car.

If you had played today you may have won

1.Your choice of blankets
2. A children's training toliet
3. Empty plastic organizers
4. An oven mit
5. A bag of soccer balls which belong to the Rec Center
6. Various stools and chairs
7. A bag full of goodies from the Emergency Preparedness Fair
8. A blue backpack with diapers and toliet paper in it
9. A church bag with several binders for Relief Society
10. A diaper bag mostly empty
11. A selection of circus prints and posters
12. A half eaten pear
13. An "eclectic"  set kitchen glasses and cups

The really sad thing is that Monday night as a family we cleaned out both the cars.  Had you played before Monday I think you may have won

1. Your choice of 6 childrens sweatshirt
2. A collection of Disney and Learning videos
3. 17 pens
4. a beach towel
5. A tripod
6. Several tubes of half used diaper cream
7. 3 bottles of sunscreen and 3 cans of bug spray
8. Two sets of scriptures
9. a cookie sheet
10. a collection of children's dress up jewelry
11. 5 socks
12.  4 shoes
13. Several items of clothing belonging to a scout in the Daniel's Canyon Ward
14. A handful of sprinkler parts
15. REAL Salt Lake vouchers we forgot about
16. Two strollers and a Baby Bjorn
17. one mens plain white baseball cap
18. about $5 in bills and change
19. Three bottles of hand sanitizer
20. Four tubes of chapstick or lip gloss
21. Three pairs of women's sunglases
22. Four handfuls of color crayons
23. About five Sunday's worth of Primary and Nursery crafts made by beautiful smart children
24. A coupon binder complete with coupons

.............and other stuff I can't remember.

How we also have four car seats in there is beyond me.

See it is a pretty fun game right.
If you are interested just give me a call.  You clean the car out and take a fabulous prize home.
I think it could really catch on.
Or maybe I should just open an EBAY store with the misc car treasure as inventory.


I remember my last few years of college I felt like I lived out of my car.  I would go from work to school to internship without returning home all day.  Each required me to have different things and wear different clothing.  And eat something sometime.  And then appear presentable for a date perhaps after all of that, all out of my car.  I even had perfume samples and a mirror.  And usually a lot of v8 juice.  I thought the car was pretty rough then.  But that was when only one person- me- was living out of it.  Now I have four children.

Don't you love it.



1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I LOVE that you posted this! I was just thinking yesterday that my van was in some serious need of some tender loving cleaning (because every time we open the sliding door things fall out of it... I try not to be embarrassed), but being 11 stories up and away from the van itself has made cleaning it out even more of an obstacle! McKenzie and Carson are old enough now to do a lot of it themselves. Before we moved I'd hand them two big garbage bags... one for garbage, the other for things that needed to come inside the house. Maybe I feel comfortable sending them down to the parking garage themselves??? No, probably not. I guess we'll just have to continue shoving things back in!