Sunday, February 23, 2014

February 14, 2014










Our Valentines day was another low key holiday geared towards the kids.  Which I guess is pretty obvious since there is not even a picture of Jake and I together for our Valentines Day blog post.  The kids and I made Valentines for each class memeber and Marianne even made a few for friends so she could participate in the holiday.  They enjoyed receiving Valentines too from their friends and class mates.  Mari had a little girl bring her a valentines and a little heart wand.  She carried it around saying "becca gave this too me, becca likes me" for days.  She is starting to love her little friends.  Jake got to spend the morning with Kate at Dad's and donuts- similar to Mom's and muffins the week before.  Then he brought home mylar ballons for each kid.  Bethany had never really seen such a thing, and Mari had been eyeing them all week at the stores so she was delighted.   Mari and Sam worked on heart attacking Jake's office while he was out. I had a little chocolate heart for each of the kids and made them pink heart pancakes for breakfast.  We all went to dinner together at Cafe Rio.  I am so glad to be in this life of love with somebody who loves these kids as much as me.  Really having my kids know I love them is one of the most important things to me so it is nice to have a special day to let them know.  We spent the next two days after Valentines Day watching Amy and Jeff's kid while they were out of town.  So our weekend was really spent just taking care of kids, but we hope to get on our own date now that we have one or two nights of babysitting owed to us by them for trades.

No comments: