Sunday, April 13, 2014

April 7, 2014




This week I basically tripled the amount of living things I am responsible for.
Now in addition to four children and a dog, I have pots and plants everywhere. Flowers, herbs, vegtables, all which must be watered, moved in and out of the sun and cared for.
I can't help myself.
Why?
Why?
Why?
The minute the stores start selling, I start buying.
Our first Spring Break activity was going to the store to buy seeds.  The kids each picked out a few.
I had saved a lot of the containers from the flowers and plants from the front planter beds last year.
The kids had a lot of questions, like where worms poop. and why we can't transplant a radish.
It was a fun adventure. Even though the kids refused to on the patio to do it because it was too cold (um 55 degrees at 10 in the morning is warm for utah April kids) and so we had to do it inside which well you can imagine meant there was dirt everywhere.

We also started building of the garden boxes.
So far we have 69 square feet of garden boxes.  Which I believe means room for 69 plants.
Sadly we have all the boxes lined up in the back yard without dirt or gravel and I keep joking with the neighbors that we are just prepping for the zombie apolocypse.  Because they kind of look like caskets all lined up in the back yard.
Hmmm. I'm sure they will look more like a vegtable garden when there is dirt and vegtables in them right?



We also bought some herbs and potted them as well. 
And I know that Wal-mart is not the gardening mecca or anything.  
But I think I paid two bucks for these thyme and basil plant, so


Somehow this happen as well today. 
A certain seven year old in our family had her heart set on a fish for her birthday.
So now "blue vell" tops the list of living things I am responsible for.



No comments: