Monday, February 11, 2008

Putting the Snow to Good Use-


On Saturday Jake and I went skiing. It was the first time in two years. Not for lack of wanting to, but due to last years pregnancy, although I almost had myself convinced I could totally ski at 6 months pregnant, I mean I never fall. And I guess I could have, cuz I didn't fall all Saturday. Not really I know it wouldn't be smart. We went to the Canyons as always. It was wonderful, a little windy and cold, but great to get my ski legs back. Especially since I consider skiing one of only a handful of things I am actually better than my husband at (who is naturally great at everything). Two of the best parts included that I borowed my 17 year old sisters pass and thus attempted to look 17 by borrowing her all white ski suit and brimmed knit hat. I think I pulled it off fairly well, except for of course when I called to check on my child. Second the 4 moose we saw. The first was just trotting through the parking lot, looking very silly. The other three were a mother, baby and other literally sitting in the middle of a run. I was convinced that we would see "Moose attacks skier" on the news when we returned home. I was suprised the resort was not doing anything to move them away from the people. They were incredible. Thanks Mom for taking great care of Kate so we could go, even if you did give her chocolate gelato.

3 comments:

Keysha said...

Good job hitting the slopes. Chad and I went over Christmas (we don't go, because it's hard to find someone to watch your kids ALL DAY. My parents were in town, so it was prime time to hit the slopes!)

I love that you used your sister's pass! (You totally look 17). Don't you love how grandparents give our babies whatever they like? My mom was giving Myka "watered down Diet Coke". (It's still Diet Coke!)

Anonymous said...

You post and your friends comment made me think about how excited it will be to be a grandparent. I can't wait to be the fun one again! You will get this when you have a teenager. I plan on spoiling my grandkids rotten! Yeah!

Tanya Quinn said...

I'd be more talented at being the moose in the middle of no where than skiing.