Friday, March 28, 2008

29


Yesterday was my dear husbands birthday. In honor of his 29 years here are 29 great reasons you may not have thought of to think Jake is great. Don't worry I wont smear mushiness all over this blog.

1. Because 29 things would never be enough room to say all the truly great things about Jake, hence the silliness.
2. Because he always will drive around until we get a good parking spot if it is cold
3. Because he will always eat the leftovers out of the fridge.
4. Because he has this silly dance... some of you have seen it
5. Because he can fix anything.... many of you have called him for this purpose.
6. Because he loves ice cream so much he could eat it everyday
7. Because he is smarter than a fifth grader, or most adults for that matter and surely would win us lots of money if he were on any game show, perhaps his fav. the Family Fued.
8. Because he hates fish, just like me and love mac and cheese- the box kind
9. Because he started saving for retirement at age 17- i mean who does that!
10. Because it takes him 15 minutes to do something that would take me an hour to do
11. He has the best voice, not just singing, but speaking, strangers even tell him so
12. He never gets frustrated with poor customer service
13. He will buy me flowers even though it is against his principles
14. He makes Saturday chores fun
15. Because little things make him so happy
16. Because he has the super hero powers to read my mind, though he still wont admit it
17. Because of his muscles..... in college my waist was half the diameter of his arms, now either I had a little waist, or he had huge biceps, okay we were young and probably both were true.
18. He would choose to shop around Home Depot for Date Night
19. Because he laughs out loud at television
20. He takes great pictures, I mean of course he does have you seen his smile
21. He has a mean ping pong serve
22. He likes to bowl and even has his own bowling shoes
23. Because he has such perfect teeth
24. Because his hair is all different colors, brown, red, and blonde
25. Because he always wins at scrabble- or any other board game for that matter
26. Because he finds it unfathomable to pay more than $10 for a shirt
27. He can wing anything, and it will turn out perfectly
28. Because he will dress up as anything I tell him to for Halloween
29. Because be always smells like bar soap

I love you Jake, you truly are such a wonderful person and spouse! Hope your birthday was a good one. Thanks for sharing one more year with me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great tribute to such a fantastic guy! I love the way Kate is looking at him in this picture! Happy Belated B-day Jake! Hey can you come over and fix my garage door opener! Just Kidding! Enjoy being 29!

DC Diva said...

I LOVE this post! Happy Birthday Jake. What a great guy. Some things surprised me, other things I found myself thinking "that IS totally Jake"! Makes me really miss you guys!

Harley King said...

Jake, you're awesome for each of those 29 reasons. My 29th is coming up in a few weeks and I'm not nearly so cool. I have switched my soap brand though.

Lauren said...

Hey, I was keeping up with the Wendy pregnancy and followed a comment to your blog. How fun to see what you have been up to. Derrald and I recently joined the blogging world and now I spend way to much time reading about everyone's lives. I hope that everything has been going as great as it appears! Lauren

Rebecca said...

Hey guys! I am slowly trying to get into this blogging world. We had to change our blog to becandkenny.blogspot.com. Hopefully we can stay in touch with everyone. It is fun to see all the pictures of your family!