Monday, August 4, 2008

California wears me out!



Well it has been a long week and I am exhausted! Jake and I left for California on Sunday morning. It took us over 13 hours to get to Fresno. We spent about a day there before we said goodbye to Jake while we stayed with his parents. He was off to Sacramento to take his California bar. While he spent three days writing and trying to recall information he learned three years ago I spent three hours a day napping and another one watching What Not to Wear. It was stressful, painful and boring, not for me but him, but I am sure he did wonderful. And we will get the results around Thanksgiving. Of course one of the reasons that pushed him to take the test is that he paid for it two years ago before he decided to take the Utah bar instead and that money is held for two years. This test costs over $1000 to take so it seemed worth it, until we actually found out that our two years expired just days before the test almost as we were packing the car to leave. Oh well we will just re pay, but this is such our luck. I hitched a ride with my Mom to Los Banos mid week, about an hour away, to visit with my grandparents for two days. Then Jake swung back to pick us up as he traveled from Sacramento to Fresno. We spent a few more days in Fresno with his family. Even extra family was around because his sister was having an open house for her wedding a few weeks ago. We spent some time on the farm, swimming, boating at the lake- Kate loved the boat- at the new cabin, and seeing The Dark Knight, which was spectacular and also the first movie Jake and I have seen in a theater in over a year and a half. I know pathetic right. On Sunday morning early we headed back to Heber, for another 13 plus hour drive in the heat of the day through the desert. This time with Lisa and Rodney's wedding presents,more luggage,and two hitchhikers (DeeAnn and my Mom). Like I said we are exhausted but it was fun to get away.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a really fun trip. Yes, and a little tiring. I am glad you all made it back home safe and I am certain Jake did fabulous on his tests! Love the cute Kate picture! Did you get my email with my address for a CD?

Joe said...

You take the most amazing pics of Kate or maybe she is just so photogenic that it doesn't matter who takes the pic. Probably both are true and I just need to say that we sure had a great time @ you house last month.

Glad you got home safe.

The Cox Family said...

That really sucks that you had to pay for the test twice. I am not looking forward to Curtis taking the bar! I bet Jake did great- it is crazy how long you have to wait unitl you get your results though! Cute pictures.