Friday, August 22, 2008

Celebrate



There was a lot to celebrate in July, but with Jake's bar we just didn't get to do much partying. So to make up for it Jake and I finally "got away" for the weekend. Okay so we only went to Midway, but we left Kate with her grandma (the first time she has been away for the night) and went on our own little vacation. Jake and I always talk about going on little trips, doing fun things, but when we seriously start planning we realize that we are just too responsible with our money and never purchase that cruise or airfare to somewhere fun. The solution-a half vacation which we have actually done before in Salt Lake. We had so much fun attending an outdoor theater at Sundance, staying and the Zermatt, going out to eat, swimming like Olympians and most amazingly sleeping in till our hearts content. It was a wonderful weekend, and good thing because we had a lot of July celebrating to make up for. Happy 26th birthday to me, Happy 5 year wedding anniversary to us, Happy Jake is done studying for the stressful CA BAR, Yes we did have a busy July!

2 comments:

Polliwog said...

Well, congratulations on all three counts. We are the same way--I dream of big vacations, but when it comes time to really do it, I can't bear to fork over the money. :)

Ming said...

I must admit I'm seriously behind on my blog reading, but I quickly looked at this one and saw that Jake took the CA bar? Why is this? Are you guys moving to CA? And now your house is for sale. I'm so behind. You probably answered these questions on another post somewhere, but it's 2:30 in the morning and I need to go to bed...so please oh please just give me the answers!