Friday, August 8, 2008

Opening Ceremonies

I'm watching the Opening of the Olympics on NBC right now. I have been preparing to watch all week, and by preparing I mean watching the Today show and taking on their complete opinion for who I should cheer for and everything else Chinese. I have been looking forward to the ceremony and even contemplated having a gathering a friends over for Chinese food and watching them. I'm glad I didn't. I am not finding them very entertaining. Perhaps I am just not in the mood even though they are being hosted by my imaginary best friend Matt Lauer. Perhaps watching on my small television interrupted by commercials pales in comparison to the live version, of which I was privileged to see when the Olympics were in SLC. Perhaps I am just tired of being alone with Kate with Jake off to another Young Men's event. Perhaps it is the lack of good food in my house to eat, maybe a couple pounds of fortune cookies like they sell and the foreign foods market on Bulldog would have made the evening more complete. I'm disappointed. I am sure I will enjoy watching the events still and get teary eyed at the stories. but it hasn't started with the bang that I had hoped for.

On another note my daughter is no longer a baby. I realized this week that she is a little girl. Her interests have changed dramatically in the last week. She use to like books and the dog and most any of her baby toys. Now she is obsessed with dolls and babies, her play horses in their barn, necklaces and fake jewelry and she just colored in my lap for over 30 minutes. Along with all of this has come the enjoyment of cuddling... hooray.. and lots of hugs. I guess now that she is old enough it is time to start planning her Olympic path in gymnastics, if we can get her away from her coloring books that is.

5 comments:

DawnTreader said...

*I* would have come to that party! We'll have to have an Olympic night & watch EVERYTHING. Meridith and I will bring FORTUNE COOKIES. You will love the Olympics again.

Joe said...

I too hope that the Olympics bring in the awesome stories that we all love to hear.
Kate definitely is amazing. Keep on doing what you are doing with her because she is a perfect little girl.

Anonymous said...

Got the CD - Thanks

DC Diva said...

Really? We LOVED the opening ceremonies! Absolutely blown away. We really needed to be watching them together. And our mutual imaginary best friend (love that), Matt, needed to be AT the party with us. Okay, I'll give you this... the ceremonies would have been better if they would have shown Matt a little more. Just snippets of him in and out of breaks, that's all I'm asking for.;)

Kyle and Amy said...

Thanks so much Crystal and Kate for coming with us to look for houses! It was fun to see you guys and you definately helped get us started. Thanks again!