Friday, August 22, 2008

Oh the Blogging World.

A few months ago my ever talented -can do husband showed me how to track the hits on my blog. The tracking can't show me exactly who is looking, but it can show me what cities my hits are coming from, and what blogs traffic is linking from. I don't check this information often but I did today. What I found was very interesting. I noticed that I have tons of hits in cities where I don't know anyone, or at least know that I know anyone. Two cities in particular, one in Arizona and one in California. Who are you? I know you are looking. I also see that I have had over 500 different visitors- and around 50 regular visitors, those who view the site twice a month or more. This is also interesting since only about 8 of you ever leave comments. I am found of the blog and the connections it brings. I don't mind the strangers that stumble upon our lives and take some of it in, I don't mind that some of you who I don't really know well repeatedly visit my blog, I just wanted to let you know I know, so you might as well say something, leave a comment. You obviously find what I post and my life interesting as you keep coming back for more, so give it up, say hello, say something. I can see you silently starring and it is a little rude.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh sorry, the Arizona people probably come from me. I have you linked on mine so maybe they are my peeps! You are such a fun read though so I am sure the blog stalkers love you. I am a bad blog stalker on site though so I can't judge! :> Good luck with the house sale. It is super cute so I am sure you will do fine.

Meagan said...

okay- okay- you caught us! I try to get on every once in a while to comment on everyones blogs, but we've been crazy busy lately so all I've had time to do is take a peek at all the blogs. The california lookers might come from us as we have a lot of family in California who have blogs we link to under "family bloggers." We hope you guys are doing great.

Ali said...

This is one of my favorite posts. Maybe I should cut and copy it onto my blog because I have the same or similar system set up. Are you using active meter?

The Kay Family said...

Well you know I am here, but I haven't been commenting very much (shame, shame) but I have you on my reader so I do ready every post you write. You keep me so entertained!

Crystal said...

oh dear friends. this post was not meant for you. You have made yourselves known. You have shown your face. plus I am mostly kidding around.

KEYSHA said...

You're right though...it is interesting to see who comes to your blog (how often, and how long they stay!) I've thought about going private...but then what would those people do who stalk my blog and don't leave a comment? They may have to take up a different hobby.

You're cute and I love your blog. I'm glad I've found you.

Lindsay said...

So, honestly, this is the first time I've ever seen your blog, but I thought this post was so funny I just had to comment! I randomly have a night with nothing better to do than stalk other people's blogs (okay, so I really SHOULD be doing something a little more productive - but I'm relishing my down-time!) So, hi! This is Lindsay Dodge from high school, by the way. It's fun to see what you're doing in life now - your daughter is adorable - and you look beautiful.

Thanks for letting me peek from North Carolina. :)