Friday, August 29, 2008

Lucky Scottsdale!

My sister Amy and her family moved to Scottsdale, AZ about a week and a half ago. It didn't seem that far until a few days ago. Amy called me, as she is bound to do at least once a week, but it was after five. Seldom do we call each other when our spouses are home from work because we try to save our calls to entertain some of our more boring mommy down time during the day. When i got off the phone with her, I commented to Jake that it was unusual for her to call around dinner just to say hello. He informed me it was not five yet for her, because Arizona has different time than we do. No they are not in a different time zone, they just don't think day light savings applies to them. This made Arizona seem far away. Far away enough that we don't even have the same time. Scottsdale is silly for not doing daylight savings like the rest of us, but they are lucky they have the carpenters now.
Before Amy left I took some family pictures for them. This one is my favorite though it doesn't include Jeff.... sorry Jeff, but I know you are getting used to being left out of our family pictures by now anyways.

2 comments:

Ming said...

You know what's really creepy? I just spent the whole time while I was reading this post thinking I was looking at a picture of you, Crystal! Then I read what was below the picture and realized it was your sister. Twins are creepy. Did I tell you my sister just had twin boys this summer? I have a feeling I'm going to have a lot more of those creepy moments to come.

Oh yeah, and your sister moved to Scottsdale? Why? My sister lives there too...the one with twins..maybe it's a creepy coincidence...dum dum dum...

Crystal said...

Ming- Remember when you saw Amy with her husband at RC Willey and thought it was me with another man. Now that is funny and creepy!