Friday, September 4, 2009

Nicknames for Samuel- TOP TEN


You may remember this post where I set out to share with our family and friends the top ten nicknames we had for Kate. Well that post is getting our blog a lot of fame with more than 100 views a month from people google-ing for a nickname for Kate. Really people you are using google to find a nickname for someone you know named Kate..... isn't Kate kind of its own nickname??? don't nicknames just happen??? Apparently not.

I thought seeing as how Samuel is 6 months old now- it could be time for his TOP TEN.


1. Sam- well this is a no brainer. I actually call him Sam more than Samuel despite my best efforts to call him by what I named him
2. Sammy- this is primarily what Kate calls him. Makes sense Mommy, Daddy, Grammy, Sammy. I can remember not liking this originally- but I don't mind it now and use it myself sometimes
3. Chumby- this came from Chumba Wumba- which I called him which apparently means chubby. This is still one of my favorites. I think Kate thought this was Sam's name for a little while because I called him it so often.
4. Chubs- Again because he use to be fat- though he has slimmed down quite a bit. I like to sing this so the tune of "My Humps" by the Black Eyed Peas- "My Chubs, My Chubs, My lovely little Chubs"
5. Samurai- Another one of our favorites- well, because it sounds like he is a ninja fighter at just 6 months old
6. Samwell- morphage of Samuel with a spanish accent
7. Samson- well his name is Sam and he is my son. Plus he IS Jake's son so we can all guarantee he WILL be hairy.
8.Handsome. I always am saying "hi Handsome" is my high cute baby voice directed to Sam of course and Jake will chim in "Thank you".... and he thinks it is funny every time.
9. (Sad, Sleepy, Silly, Smiley) Sam- you can't go wrong will alliteration right? He use to be always Sad and Sleepy, but now he is all smiles.
10. Son- I know that this is not really a nickname, but we are always saying "HEY SON" in a deep tough voice. Plus we never said" hey daughter" to Kate, so I am going to go ahead and count Son as number ten.


* How could I forget BUDDY. Though we still call him buddy a few times a week at minimum, BUDDY is what he was called for the first two days of his life while we debated on a real name for him. Somehow buddy seemed a perfectly fitting term of endearment for an 8 lbs infant, not that we spent much though coming up with this nickname it just came . I am sure my first words to him almost were "Hi Buddy"
*Update on Kate's nicknames. Of the ten listed in her post we now use none of them.
New nicknames include. Tatie, Tatertot, and Sister.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aren't names funny and how they change?