Thursday, April 22, 2010

Let us Out!

My kids have literally spent the past three days outside playing in the dirt. I mentioned earlier how Sam stands at the glass door and cries "dirt" when I make him come inside the house. Today we woke up to snow, and it is still cold, so no outside time for them today.
They have been begging me to go outside all day.
Their disappointment in the weather could not be more evident. Not only are they beating each other up and complaining about everything.
When I was on the phone for a few moments I returned to find this.
Kate has carried this bucket all the way from her bedroom down the stairs, and to the front door to help assist her in reaching the lock, so she can get the door open. Resulting in them both getting to go play outside like they want.
It disturbs me deeply that she has figured out how to get out of the house without my help. A few more minutes and they would have been on the front lawn.
Sam may be small, and unable to move buckets to be used as stools, but something tells me he was totally in on this plan. I love/ hate the way he is holding the bucket in place so Kate can climb on top. He seems to be the look out in this operation.

2 comments:

The Tomlinsons said...

Uh-oh, you've got a couple of little smarty pants kiddos on your hands!!! That is priceless!

I had a friend whose little girl was always escaping and wandering around the neighborhood--I think she resulted to locks on the very top of the outside doors!

Julander Family said...

This made me giggle. I have a few of these mischevious "smarty pants" at my house too! I feel your pain!