Monday, April 12, 2010

Yardwork

I have been so anxious to get outside and work in the yard. Thanks to the new window well covers we had installed, I for see a lot of time working and playing in the backyard. The kids enjoyed "working" even more than Jake and I. This is Sam with a mouth full of dirt and grass in his hair. Kate enjoyed "planting flowers", and we managed to finish this up while not only watching our kids, but some friends kids as well, they all played in the dirt, we got the yard cleaned up and this planter built, and our house did not get destroyed. I really am looking forward to lots of yard work for the next several months. I think working in the yard means dirty kids, but cleaner house. Sounds like an excellent formula.
This use to be lawn. And now a new large garden plot.
This use to be a garden plot. It just was so windy on this side of the house. I choose it for my first garden mostly because it was mostly out of the way, and out of sight. It didn't work very well. So now it has been filled in with the sod from the new garden plot. It was a lot of shovel work.
Starts sun bathing in the laundry room.

4 comments:

Lakeside said...

yeah for spring! I finally figured out the whole dirty kid outside = clean house inside. I think I like it.

Ming said...

I'm so impressed with your grow box. I really want Jeff to build me one because I have grand ideas of growing fresh tomatoes and zuchinni etc, but after only having a small herb garden last year and out of 6 herbs only the basil survived I'm seriously reconsidering my gardening abilities.

The Tomlinsons said...

There's nothing more satisfying that a hard day's work in the yard! And I bet the kids love being outside just as much as you love them being out there!

Emily said...

mmmm....gardening. I can't wait to get out there!