Friday, April 16, 2010

My Sunshine

I set out with Kate this morning during Sam's nap time, to try to capture her at three.
We got her on command smile- all the squinting and crunched up faces we could get.
Along with her imagining a pig inside this barn then calling for it to come out.
She is pretty fantastic.












I call her my sunshine.
She calls me her sunshine.
And nobody else can be called sunshine with out her protesting that they are not, and only she and I are.
It fits her well.
She is bright, and everyone loves her, and she lights up my life.

At three Kate is a little gal.
26.8 lbs or 10%, 34.5 in or 3% and 19 1/2 head 75 %. She has that big brain like her Dad I guess.
She is great most of the time with her brother.
She loves loves loves playing with friends, the park, school, and church and sometimes playing alone in her room.
Coloring, crafts, barbies, going to the store, planting things, helping me with projects, singing and playing the piano.
Though she gets mad sometimes when you don't sing " I love to see the Temple" or " I am a child of God". Few other songs are acceptable.
She remembers everything, something you said once last week, every page in the new library book, where we are going based on what she sees outside though we have been there only once.
She is left handed. She knows how to have fun. She pretty much can take care of herself. Get dressed, make herself a sandwich out of stuff in the fridge, even track down something she lost. Last week she lost her blankie blue. She wasn't even really bothered. She just found a new blanket to take to bed. I was trying to find it for her so she wouldn't be sad. She just told me she would find it later, and she would have the orange blanket I made for her instead.
She is getting to be so grown up.
We are rarely apart since she doesn't nap. and I sure love her as a side kick.

1 comment:

The Tomlinsons said...

What a sweetie! She is so adorable, and I think her nickname fits!