Sunday, October 28, 2012

Oct 28, 2012



What a great weekend we are having.

It started Friday afternoon.  Marianne woke up from her afternoon nap and finally her fever was gone and she was back happy unclingy self.  Then  I told the kids to clean up the living room, which they did with no complaint.  Then I asked them to sort the laundry.  And they got pretty far without complaint.  That never happens.
When Jake was done with work we packed the kids in the car to try a new restaurant in town.  It was delicious, and cheap.  The kids behaved well and the restaurant gave free food to kids.  Win Win.  We also ran into a bunch of old friends at dinner too.
After dinner we were having such a great evening we didn't want to go home, so we do what we always do when we want to get out, and went to look at our dirt.  Except now our dirt is a foundation, with plumbing and window wells.. The big kids got out with Dad to look around but Marianne and I stayed in the car because it was freezing.  I let her out of her seat and she had a great time playing with the window wipers, "driving" the car and turning the radio on and up.  When the kids returned she was having a full out dance party with herself, and so everyone joined it.  Simple happy moments with my kids!
Saturday we did some chores then went shopping.  I learned this last very cold week that my kids don't have very many pairs of pants- they have been growing-, so to the outlets for kids pants we went.  The older kids don't mind shopping and like helping pick out things.  And in the end Jake and I found some superhero t-shirts for fairly cheap to wear to the Ward Autumn Festival that evening- to match the kids superhero costumes.
We returned home, made soup to bring and got dressed in costume.  It was fun to be superheros all around.  We had a great evening at the Autumn Festival.  The kids ran around in costume playing carnival games and collecting small prizes and running around with tons of kids, even M.  We of course enjoyed visiting with so many good friends as well.
Home to bed- and not one kids got up asking for something- worn out from so much fun.
Sunday today has been pretty great too.  We made it to church on time- good thing since I had to speak.  And although not one but two of my children nearly needed the hemlick during sacrament meeting as I watched from the stand, we made it through.  Sam is a real big boy now, not only did he wear underwear to church, he also wore his sports coat which I bought for him a year ago and he has since refused to wear each time I have tried to coax him into its handsomeness.
And I only three up twice all weekend.
And While M was taking her afternoon nap, the kids were playing on the iphone Jake and I both feel asleep in the living room for at least an hour- unintentionally.

Yes things are going well.  I am grateful for easy happy days.  It doesn't take much to make me happy.
Hanging out with my healthy happy kids... and a nap.


1 comment:

lilybit said...

Ahh yes- I feel better just reading about your easy happy days.