Wednesday, October 31, 2012

October 31, 2012















Halloween was today..
I love Halloween. Though this was was rougher than most.  M's naps are totally off.  I blame it mostly on that.  I made chocolate jack o lantern waffles for breakfast this morning.  And you'd think that would have made for some happy kids, but mostly they were super whiny all morning.  I blame it on the bag of starburst they snuck and ate the night before, or the overflowing excitement.  Either way despite threat of loosing trick or treating repeatedly we had a challenging morning.  Oh and the mummy hotdogs I made for lunch hardly pleased anyone.  I guess that is how I often feel on holidays.  I put it a lot of work and preparation, usually to still hear complaints.

I helped in Kate's class for the party today and that was fun, Interesting to see Kate in her school environment and all the kids she talks about.  I knew most their names just because Kate talks and describes them often enough.

Finally we came home.  It was pumpkin shaped pizza for dinner with monster jello.  Then costumes.  Mom's manditory photo shoot of costumes, and finally after waiting and asking all the live long day... finally trick or treating.

The kids costumes turned out great and they loved them.  I always get the best picture of my kids in their Halloween costumes but last year I didn't get any of M, and this year seemed to follow suit.  I guess she is just busier busier busier.  

They got their bags and we headed out. First stop- just up the stairs to grandma's.  Then in our car.  We drove to our old/new neighborhood and drove to several friends homes, then did our culda-sac, then got in our car and drove to  a handful of friends that don't live in our neighborhood.  The kids were finally happy and having a great Halloween- exclaiming- " this is the best halloween EVER!"  and "you are the best mom!"  All it took was to let them eat every piece of candy they wanted.    I should have known.

It was a beautiful fall day - around 70 degrees.  I can't remember a Utah Halloween so warm.  We could have stayed out all night, but the kids seemed to think their 15 pieces of candy were a mountain, so home we went, and had everyone in bed by 8:30- not asleep mind you, I'm not sure how long it will take for that candy to wear off.