Wednesday, May 1, 2013

May 1, 2013













 A collection of images from the past two weeks.
1.  Baby Bethy asleep a few days old.
2.  Marianne holds Bethany and is thrilled- Bethany a few days old
3.  Grandma Anderson comes over to say  hello and help us out.  Sam crushin on his new baby sis.
4.  Lest you think Sam is all sweetness, here he is pretending to kill a lion jumping off the couch with a toy knife twenty or more times.  You can see the poster in the background that Kate has made and hung for Bethany.  It says "Welcome Bethany"  and has butterflies on it.
5.  Bethany one week old to the minute.
6.  Bethany a first picture I got with her eyes open.
7.  Sam and Marianne eating snacks and watching Mom's laptop
8.  Marianne excited to go somewhere. Another note about M-  she finally says "I love you".  I've only been trying to coax it out of her for a year or more.
9. Bethany's first outing.  To her two week apt.  8lbs 2 oz now and healthy as can be, aside from a little colic and a poorly healing belly button.  This is also the first time she has ever worn a hat, because it was cold outside.  Otherwise we tend to not cover up that cute red hair.  Also she is wearing her pea coat again, this is what she wore home from the hospital too.  It might seem a silly thing, but I think all little baby girls should have a pea coat.... because it is the most adorable thing ever.
10.  More Sam and Marianne eating snacks and watching my laptop.  Bethany takes up to 40 minutes sometimes to eat, she is insatiable it seems, good thing I have a collection of letters and numbers DVD's that happen to be 35 minutes long each.  I set them up next to be and Bethany sometimes three times a day just like this.  It is paying off.  Marianne now knows a handful of letters and sounds.  Also I kind of love my bed when I've just had a baby.  I just want to spend all day in it cuddling my new baby and taking naps.  Thankfully a lot of that has been happening.  Sometimes I'm happy to have an additional kid or two next to me cuddling, reading books or playing the computer.

Notice there are no pictures of Kate.  That is because when four kids are home it is crazy town.  When Kate is at school and at least one baby girl is sleeping I sometimes manage to get the camera out.  But Kate did recently receive the Bully Blocker award at school and was super excited about it.    She really is kind and a friend to everyone. I imagine she would stand up to a bully too.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

And life marches on. Yes on the pea coat!