Sunday, May 12, 2013

May 12, 2013 (April 9 2013)









We finally did Kate's six year old pictures tonight.  It had been on my to do list well since her birthday April 9th.  A month or more later we finally did them.  She has been reminding me and reminding me.  But between the new baby and a lot of rainy days she is actually 6 and 1 month.
We walked to this field around the corner from our house to do these.  Lucky for Kate there were wishing flowers (dandilions) all over.  She is pretty big into wishing.  Perhaps you remember her making her birthday part of 14 kids wait for a few minutes over the cake (candles lit) deciding what to wish for. Just this week walking to the bus her and Sam made thoughful wishes on dandilions.  Hers if I remember were that Cola would be a Bulldog tomorrow, that she wouldn't have to move ever again, and that littlest pet shop pets were real... and a few more I'm sure.  She explains to Sam seriously that they have to close their eyes, blow and it will come true tomorrow.

Kate is such a wonderful part of our family.  She is almost always excited about something.  She is helpful and tries her best to do things to make everyone happy.  She is always making cards and pictures and gifts for me and leaving them for me on my dresser, and insisting I save it forever.  She is so smart.  We really can't get over it.  This year she has self taught herself how to braid hair, jump rope, hula hoop, tell time, and play "If you are happy and you know it" on the piano and of course she is excelling at reading and math in school.  She gets great grades at school but even more noteable her teacher told me she has the highest citizen marks in her class because she is polite, listens, makes friends well and was even given the bully blocker award recently.  She really is amazingly confident socially and loves making friends and playing with friends.  She is always excitedly telling us about something new she has learned.
She always remembers what you like, things you like or things that interest you and brings them up, or finds them for you.
She still is a little bit of a doddler,  and looses focus or gets distracted easily.
I require the most of her as my oldest.  Sometimes I forget she is only six, but she really can be helpful to me with chores and such if she can be motivated.
We really love her and are so glad she was the first to come to our family.  We know she will be a great example to all her siblings, especially her two sisters.

I was watching her at the bus stop recently.  I realize how much she is like me.  She is very in her element around friends and loves being the leader amoung her friends.  It took me a bit longer to hone those social skills, but when I see her with her friends I see a mini version of high school me.  She is stubburn and doesn't like to be told what to do. She gets angry.  And she also puts a lot of importance in making sure the people she loves feel loved and happy.  So me.

Height: 42.75 in  11%
Weight: 37lbs  8 %


Fav. Food: Chinese Noodles
Best Friends: Jocylyn and Valesca
Fav. thing at school:. Parties
Fav. thing to do.:Go to the park
Fav. Color: Turquoise and pink
Fav Clothing: Powder Puff Girl Shirt
Grow up to be: Artist
What are you good at:  Hula Hooping and Jump Roping

No comments: