Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Oct 18, 2013





A certain Darling is 6 months old.

Bethany, Bethy, Angel, Darling, Beth-a-roo, my little fox (because of her red hair), our little turtle.(because of how she looks when she crawls)
I also always sing to her "Doe a Deer a female deer, Ray, drop of golden sun"  So I would also say I call her my deer or dear, and ray (which perfectly enough is her father's middle name and the maiden name of the Grandmother for which Bethany is  named)

She is pleasant if you couldn't tell.
Here are her stats.
Height 26 in- 58%
Weight 16lbs 3 oz- 52%
Head 43 cm 65%

She is shrinking- which is no surprise, well only a little since she was born our largest girl and is on track to be the smallest.

She is developing faster than our physcian believes... he always thinks I'm lying.
When I reply she crawls- to questions about her movement
and when I reply she says "mamama" to does she make age appropriate goos and gaas.
I think she says "mama" anyways as she seems to only say it when she is hungry.  Meaning she doesn't know I'm called mama, but she knows mama is the one with the food and if she says it, I will bring her food.    I'm counting it.  FIRST WORD: MAMA.  (Which side note means that all of the kids except Kate have had it be their first word.  I was Kate's third word after Dada and Dog.)

What is she up to?
-Crawling.  rolling, scooting, and getting herself stuck under furniture and constantly under watch so she doesn't get down the stairs.
-Sucking her thumb- when you falls asleep and generally.  Sometimes when she is tired she will suck her thumb and lean he head on my chest.
-Eating- a few things- so far squash, prunes, and pears. and rice cereal
-Sleeping- through the night at least 2 nights a week. Otherwise waking up at around 4am and cuddling and sleeping with me in bed until it is time to get up.
-Bathing in the real bathtub not just the sink.  Only twice so far.
-Laughing.  All the tie, at everything and anything.  Another delightful happy baby, with rarely a cry or whine.  I am so blessed.  She fills our house with happiness and giggles.
-Going to the Dr.  Of course it wouldn't be one of our kids if they didn't have some kind of medical mystery illness.  Third time today in under a week for some bladder and kidney problems. We had hoped she just had a bad UTI but it was not the case as some labs came back today.  Hopefully they will be sorted out quickly and our little girl can be healthy again.  In the mean time she is on some medicine that makes her tummy grumble louder than anything I've ever heard from a baby.
-Not growing hair, She also has very little hair still.  It is still a little red, but mostly turning to a brown blonde.
-Being loved by everyone- of course.  Who doesn't love a happy sweet baby.  And even though her stats don't prove it, she has a few rolls we like to pinch.

I always say it but I really mean it.
I can't believe how fast time goes by and how fast my babies grow up.  Just six months ago she was not born, and now she moves, interacts and is very observant and watchful and playful.
We love our Bethany. Seriously, how did I get so blessed.  My heart is bursting with gratitude for this little girl of mine.

No comments: