Sunday, October 27, 2013

Oct 20, 2013















We painted our pumpkins Sunday.  Most of our pumpkins came from our garden this year.  We picked up a few at the pumpkin patch last week too.
We paint our pumpkins.  I still flat out refuse to carve pumpkins.  I mean four small children fighting over knives, it just makes me wonder who the crazy parent was that came up with this tradition.
Paint.  Glitter, Puff Paint.  I bring out piles of fun craft supplies and give them the option.  And I say "who wants to use all mom's paint and glitter and paint a pumpkin.... or I guess you could carve it if you want?"  They always all choose painting.
They all did a great job. Sam copied a skeleton picture almost perfectly- then covered the whole pumpkin in red paint for blood and you couldn't see the skeleton anymore.  I helped Mari do that sweet minnie mouse.  Kate painted two pumpkins because she had one from a feild trip- she just painted scary faces.    I painted an eye ball.  Jake painted his to look like a baseball.  It looked pretty legit- in the pictures anyways. The kids stay entertained for a long time.  We have placed our painted pumpkins on the porch.  Happy Halloween.

No comments: