Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Oct 8 2013












I finally took some pictures of my own kids.
It was a humorous night.  I made them take baths at 4pm which they thought was strange.  Dressed them up in whatever white, navy, mustard and turquoise clothing I could find in our giant pile of laundry that is slowly taking over my bedrom. And then proceeded to drive them all around the valley because the sun kept changing on me.  The sun, dead plants, and a newly sprinkled lawn had me hopping from place to place.  I settled on this spot- which is really just a little strip of landscape next to the street in a neighbourhood.  I made the kids get out of the car one by one.  Meaning I only had one kid out at a time, and the rest were in the car eating animal crackers and watching a moive on the DVD player in the car.  Then we had them all get out at the end.  Jake tried to get them to look at the camera and we were done in a total of under twenty minutes.   Fastest photo shoot ever. On our way home we drove over a giant spike and our tire got a huge hole in it and we had to put the spare on..... I mean uh, I stood and watched while Jake laid in the road changing the tire.  The kids thought it was cool- especially when I let them drink the emergency water.  They tried so hard to be good for me and I think they are the greatest kids ever.  Really.  Each one of them is so happy and good and loving.  I am so blessed.

No comments: