Monday, July 6, 2015

Camping June 2015






































Backyard camping.

We put Beth to bed around seven and then had a mini campout of our own.  We set up the tent to sleep in.  This was the kids favorite part.  They brought blankets and stuffed animals and pillows and made themselves a cozy spot.  They next morning they didn't want me to take it down and wanted me to keep it up all day.  All four kids played the next morning in it for a while.  That night we  made a fire in the fire pit.  We had the super marshmallows the size of my hand. Jake and I challenged each other over whose Smore marshmallow was superior.  The kids were covered in marshmallow stickiness.  As dusk set in we settled into the tent.  We played Go Fish for a while, then told scary stories, then I went inside to sleep in the house with Beth while Dad got to stay out in the tent with the three kids.   All the kids did sleep but were in the house around 4am.   Everyone was pretty grump and exhausted the entire weekend because of it... so I guess we are not ready for regular camping yet.  Ha!  Bonus this was three brag tags in one!  Late night, Camping, and Scary Stories!

No comments: