Tuesday, April 19, 2016

April 11, 2016




Beth got to take a trip to Primary's last week. 
She hadn't had a bowel movement in nine days and all the medicine and treatment at home we were trying wasn't working.  I grew anxious and more anxious.  Kate ended up hospitalized at almost the exact same time of year at the same age.  I knew I hadn't been paying attention to her bowel health like I usually do.  We had been having guests all spring break.  But now nothing was working.  I didn't sleep all Sunday night and then Monday morning we decided I would take her in after a call to our pediatrician who agreed it might be the right thing.  We spent about 5 hours there in the end.  They got her moving fairly easily and in the end an X-ray showed she wasn't that backed up as we thought she had to be.    The staff at the hospital found her the most charming patient in the world.  She told them about her chickens and happily played with all the toys they offered her.  The nurses administering the treatment could believe how little she whined and was just a pleasant girl.  It wasn't all bad in the end for either of us.  We played toys, watched movies and played play dough together in a hospital room for a few hours than got to go home.  She really was a fantastic patient.  I was feeling so relieved it didn't end in something worse  even if it will cost us a couple thousand dollars.  The next afternoon it was all a nightmare in the past, we ate our lunch with Mari outside like nothing ever happened.  I always expect the worst, so I was relieved to be home so simply. My brave tough girl.

No comments: