Monday, April 18, 2016

March 2016- Children's Museum




































Beth, Mari and I went to the Thanksgiving Point Children's Museum on random weekday while the big kids were in school.   
Since this blog is private now, I'll write that Amy wasn't doing well around this time.  In fact I though in Feburary she might pass away.  Her Chrone's disease combined with Swine Flu almost undid her it seemed.  In an effort to help her in someway I was making excuses to help her and see her around that time, and sometimes just showing up to clean and make dinners for her.  It was difficult.  It was difficult for me to not know what to do for her, watch her not accept help, and maybe most difficult know somewhere that her fate is the same that likely awaits at least one if not more of my children.  Loosing my best friend and sister, and perhaps loosing one of my children in the future to stupid autoimmune gastro intestinal disease is a sad possibility and I try to not let it weigh on my mind, but I catch it sometimes.  And that was a month this winter spring.

And one day wanting to check on her and bring her dinner we ended up at the Children's Museum.  And it was pretty great.  If I could bottle up the joy Marianne goes through life with and save it forever I'd be happy forever.  That is what was this day.


No comments: