Monday, April 18, 2016

March 27, 2016 Easter


























































































Easter.
I'm so grateful for Easter.  I loved this Easter that my kids were old enough to understand the Why of Why there is Easter and talk about it with me.  We spent time through the season- but especially on this day watching videos and talking about the Resurection.  Even Bethany could recount the story with wide eyes and excitement "he died, and a big stone rolled... and he came back, yeah!"

We had a neighborhood hunt and potluck at our home a few days before.  It is a lot of fun to have a smaller hunt with just a few families.    The kids got way to much candy.

Than The Friday before we had our friends the Pearson's over for a dying egg party.  We dyed tons of eggs and played with out friends.

A funny thing I know, but I was determined to have the kids in new coordinating Easter clothing on Easter.  I don't know why.  Because the putting together colors and patterns is one of my only gifts.  Because my kids look homeless much of the week as I let them dress themselves and not fuss over them too much.  Whatever the case the Friday before Easter I went for an our to the outlets in Park City and pulled these neon outfits out of nowhere.  And I loved it.  Jake and I even had purple and yellow to match.  It may have been a little overboard.  One man at church said something about how I needed  a neon yellow skirt, like he saw that we coordinated.  One friend came and gave me a hug because she loved it so much.  Her and I talked about how the good husbands are the ones willing to wear the matching tie on Easter Sunday- thats the truth.

The Easter Bunny brought baskets full and tons of giant Easter colored balloons filled the den.  The kids got books, chalk, and way to much candy, watches and headbands and a few other small toys.  Sam was super excited about the book he recieved- a "I survived" book.  He read the entire thing and recounted the stories to me.  Than Kate read it, than I read it.  

And the day can't pass without me saying Happy Birthday to Jake.  We celebrated the day before as to not compete with Easter.  We got him a bunch of fly fishing stuff he expressed interest in learning about.  And a pie.  He played with it a bit.  Then he and I went out to amazing Thai food and a Mother Hips concert- a band he liked in college.  Lets just say how this represents him so well.  That he would let his actual birthday get celebrated on a different day so the kids and I and I could have a fun Easter that was more about the kids than Jake.  He gives everything for us.  He is brilliant.  He is generous.  He is strong.  He is capable.  I don't know that I have used that word before, but it has always been something that I love about him.  He can do anything.  He loves the kids and he choses to have fun with them.  And I'm glad I'm his.

No comments: