Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Early Easter with Visitors

Here is Marianne. All dressed up headed to her namesake's viewing. She looks pretty sad about the matter, though I think she is mostly upset at those cute piggies I put in her hair.
Amy and her kids were here for a few days for the funeral and stayed with us. We had missed them and it was fun to spend time just letting the kids play. They seemed to pick up just where they left off. The 1st night we dyed easter eggs. Usually we dye eggs with Jake. One of us helps Kate and the other helps Sam. This time we did it while Jake was working. Amy had her two kids and I had my three. It was fun-ish. But mostly messy. You'll see Kate in three different outfits during the course of the ten minute project and naked due to spilling cup fulls of dye all over herself, me and the kitchen.





After all his work, Sam tries and doesn't like green eggs....

We went the park and had a picnic, we let the kids ride their bikes, they played games, and other special things, but of course the picture I have is play the IPAD. And were so happy about it.
I started letting M have these really biscut like cookies. She is happy and downs them.
Ready for an easter egg hunt. We know it is still a bit from Easter, but it was something fun to do while our cousins were here. We had filled some plastic eggs, dyed eggs the night before and Amy brought us huge chocolate eggs from Switzerland filled with toys that were a big hit. Also I think this picture really captures the difference between having two children and having three children. Amy had anticipated this easter egg hunt. She brought her children cute baskets, had spring shirts for them to wear. My children are using baskets previously in the bathroom holding soap and toilet paper that just minutes before this picture I dumped out into the bathroom sink so they could use them, in clothing that is thrown on- including snow boots, and I have not brushed their hair though it is after dinner. What you going to do.










1 comment:

lilybit said...

i like to think of easter as a season and not just a day. perfect way to spend these spring days.