Friday, April 27, 2012

April 27, 2012









We went to the ward play group this Friday.
Have I mentioned how my ward is pretty fun in that way.  Especially for me not having any friends.  I mean there is always something to go and do it seems.  There is a baby shower for somebody every week thrown by the ward, and there is a play date at least every Friday.  You may remember when I hosted the play date.   Just at my house.  Silly me.  I didn't know.  People have been arranging a lot of fun ward play dates lately. The park, the zoo, and today the fire station.
Of course Sam was thrilled.  He and Kate dressed in our fireman hats and coat.  They were the only kids dressed up.  We arrived and then had to wait in the parking lot for the entire party to arrive.  There were more than 30 people so we had a big group.  The kids were getting anxious.  We went to the fire station and they started giving the tour and about 4 minutes into it the alarm went off and we had to leave and they had to go.  We hadn't even seen the trucks yet- just the office and bedrooms.  We went outside.  Sam didn't know this wasn't planned as his mouth dropped- eyes open in wonder as the truck with siren and lights pulled out of the garage and drove right by us.    The kids would have been happy it seemed with that small trip to the station. As the fireman left they said is was possible they would be back in 15 minutes or less.  So we waited.  Many people in the party didn't want to wait any more for them to possibly come back and started leaving once 15 minutes had passed.  We finally were among them and after twenty minutes of trying to not let kids in the street I went to the car, and just as we did, we saw the engine pulling in.  There were a handful of the families still there waiting too so we hurried back out of the car and were just in time to have our tour.  The kids climbed on the fire engine, and played in the kid fire engine they had.  I oogled their kitchen.  It was pretty modern, huge, and awesome.  We left with coloring books and stickers.  So lucky.  This was actually the 2nd time we had been to a fire station in the last month.  We went earlier with Kate's preschool to a different fire station.  It really was a great day.  bonus for me.  I always want picture but can't manage a stroller, three children, and a bag, and a camera, so the camera gets the boot, but the sweet girl that organized the trip took pictures and sent me them.
What a lucky day.

No comments: