Wednesday, September 7, 2011

3 Weeks and a Blessing

Our Big Eyes is three weeks old as of last night. We are still adjusting to life with 3 kids. We love our sweet Marianne, but she sure doesn't like to sleep. I don't know any other newborn who only sleeps 20 minutes of five hours most days. Perhaps as she puts on some weight this will change.


The three of us. Really Jake and I are fighting pounding headaches from two sleepless nights in a row and I think you can see it on our faces. I didn't even attempt a full family picture, or get any pictures with anyone else. This was also partly because Marianne puked all over her dress in the few minutes it was uncovered. I used that as an excuse, really you can't see the puke.
We did have a wonderful Sunday with tons of family from near and far here to be with us on Marianne's special day. And as a special treat, we got to spend most the weekend with many of them because of the extra long holiday.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

she is beautiful. I love eyelet and bonnets, and I think you both look dashing as always- you hide the sleeplessness well.

Polliwog said...

Is she fussy or just awake? Anna didn't sleep at all during the day. Not even for 5 minutes. And she fussed her brains out. The only saving grace was that she would sleep pretty well at night (I had to get up two or three times to feed her, but she went back to sleep). Sleepless nights are pure misery. I feel your pain, a bit. What is it with child # 3 ?? Here's hoping she wears herself out a bit. And SOON! :) Love you guys.

Ming said...

Oh man, I'm sorry about the non-sleeping. That sounds terrible. So far we've gotten lucky with good sleepers, but after reading Emily's comment I'm terrified to have another! :) On the upside Marianne is absolutely gorgeous!!!

LaCee Clayburn said...

She is such a cutie :o), she looks so much older than 3 weeks! I feel your sleepless pain, lol, but mine's been caused by the hubby more than the baby, he tends to fall asleep with her in his arms at night after feedings, this is horrible because if she's laying in her bassinet she'll sleep 4-5 hours straight but if she's in someones arms she'll only sleep for 2...I just can't get him to understand this!

The Tomlinsons said...

She is so darn beautiful. I love the dress. Congrates! I hope you get a good sleep soon.