Saturday, September 10, 2011

Weekend Update

Marianne ready to go with Mom and Dad
The kids eating pudding pops.This weekend was great.
Two days where I felt like myself more. Where I felt like life would go on after 3 children.
It started with a dinner date with Jake on Friday evening. Of course Marianne tagged along. The kids hung out with Grandma and Grandpa and we got away.... for one hour.... which felt like three. The hour was not even uninterrupted as Marianne, of course, was awake. But small whines from a 3 week old pale in comparison to a house full of small children climbing all over us every minute for something from one or both of us. It was my return to society. Well I had clothes and makeup on and was out on the town.

Saturday was a relaxing and productive day. Jake took Marianne for much of it except to hand her off for me to feed her. He was watching a lot of football so she just hung out on the couch with him. Which meant my arms were free! Free to clean and cook. In one Saturday I got more done than possibly the entire last eight weeks. It included obsessively cleaning out most the closets and cupboards in the house. And it was awesome! Seriously you should see my closets.
oh wait. you can see them. Here

Sunday brought our 1st attempt as a family of five to get through 3 hours of church. My kids are so cute. Loud. but cute. Sam was so excited to wear his new "big tie" I made him. He sat and sang "I am a child of God" the opening hymn, except that he doesn't know how to sing, he just yells the words. When I picked up Kate from her primary class she had one lone Cheez-it in her hand. Her teacher said they had eaten some, but she had chosen to save one for her brother. And held one Cheez-it in her small sweaty hand for most the class- denying herself to eat it so she could give it to the brother she is so sweet to. And she did. And he ate it right up.

And that was the weekend.

3 comments:

Dolphinsbarn said...

Marianne is so cute.

And I want a pudding pop.

And also to play settlers with the old crew.

Sarah said...

Congrats on the new little one! She is a doll! Your kids are so cute! I am so happy everyone is doing well! And those pops look really good!

Mays and Matt said...

I love your closets! CUTE family. We want to see you guys soon!