Friday, February 3, 2012

Marianne Sleeping, Play Dates, and Mountain Moments



This chubs is still adorable as all get out.

This is how Marianne sleeps. She rubs that blanket-that silky blanket- all over her face, and in her mouth, and then sucks her thumb and falls asleep all covered up.
Just some pictures to post, and this about today.
A few weeks ago I signed our family up to host the ward play date.
We went to one before, it was fun.
So why not welcome everyone to our home to play.
So at nine am they started coming.
I think we ended up with 12 moms and about 30 kids.
It was crazy town.
Meltowns over toy trains, slammed hands in the door, every snack I had in the house gone,
crazy town.
I always think my house is kid proof. I have three kids you know.
But I am always wrong.
I ended up collecting things and pilling them on the kitchen counter.. until one of the little girls figured out how to pull the stool from the bathroom and use it to climb up there too.

Nothing and nowhere was sacred.
Jokes aside, I was happy these women felt comfortable enough to bring their children to my home and chat with me about homes and preschools and toliet training for the better part of two hours.
But next time I host, I think I will do it at the park.
After the chaos had exited I inlisted the kids to lysol down the house.
Then we piled in the car to go to Costco for lunch. But then I realized I had lost my card. So happy meals and the park were what came about.
They were happy about it. And so was I. Me and M sat on the bench together while the kids played. The sun warmed me up despite a little wind. And it felt like spring at home.
The park was quiet but us, the airplanes buzzed over head, I sat finishing up the loose ends of the kids happy meals and I could see. THE MOUNTAINS.
and it did my heart some good. Things felt like normal.
Like so many afternoons spent at our Wheeler Park, with the airplanes, and the sun cutting through the cold breeze, and the quiet park, and of course much larger mountains.
Almost like a late May afternoon in Heber.
We will take that for a start to the weekend thank you.

2 comments:

lilybit said...

you are brave. i love those days that feel like "Spring"!

Janalyn said...

I wished I could have seen you in action at that AMAZING play date you hosted. Hopefully no ones clothes were dumped and liquified! I also wish I could have been sitting there on park bench (I wish Wheeler park would get the hint about a bench!) with you soaking in the wonderful sun. In May right?....all so soon!! ....right!?