Friday, February 10, 2012

Sometimes a Fort is All You Can Do.



Sometimes all you can do is build a fort.

We were suppose to go to Monterrey this week.
I had us booked at the victorian inn on cannery row.
Three days and two nights of whale watching, aquarium going, beach walking, crab leg eating family fun.
We really need a vacation after all.
Then the day before we were suppose to go our kids woke up coughing, fever, another ear infection here, lots of whining every where.
I thought we were in for it again. A whole week stuck at home and going to the doctors.
So I called the hotel. They wouldn't let me cancel our reservation with 24 hours notice but kindly let me move it.
Then miraculously (humidifiers, vicks, tylenol,ear drops, prayers, jake sleeping on their floor later) they seemed recovered.
The kids were disappointed. There had been a fish picture on the calendar. They were confused why we were not going. Sam kept saying "I want to go see the fish mommy"
Kate went to school. Sam and I went to the nursery to buy some plants.
a tender mercy. The nursery has a big koi pond. The owner asked Sam if he wanted to feed the fish for her. This was almost as good to a two year old as any trip to an aquarium anyways.

So instead of Monterrey.
We have been baking, cleaning, cuddling, park going and building forts in the living room.
Forts the whole family can fit in.
And the laptop too for watching movies together.


No crab legs. But lots of ketchup sandwiches (Sam's new and constant request)
And instead of the beach- we've been at the park lots.
It is 72 degrees here this week. I've been sweating outside in my short sleeves.
All I can say is, I'm in TROUBS this summer when it is actually hot.

No comments: