Sunday, February 19, 2012

Grandma Came To Town... and brought her IPAD

Grandma Anderson came to town.
She spent almost 4 days with us.
Taking us out for treats, and to the park, and babysitting, and buying me vintage suitcases and general helping with kids.
It was a nice little vacation for me.
Although I hardly feel rested because we always stayed up way to late chatting.
She brought her IPAD. We don't have one. We have considered getting one but now know it will not be a purchase in the near future. Because our kids were obsessed with it. Obsessed. Grandma helped them download funny apps and stories. It was a special treat.
She also brought Sam his birthday present early. And he was in love.
"I'm a basketball player" he would say.
My two year old boy saying "basketball" is hard to beat on a cuteness scale.
She attempted to take a family picture of us all together on our way to church.
Of course it was mostly a hilarious fail.
We loved having her stay and can't wait for her to return with my lil sis for Spring Break.

2 comments:

lilybit said...

Hooray for grandmas!

Polliwog said...

Yes, double hooray. Don't judge the ipad too quickly; it was a novelty. The novelty wears off. I mean, it's always a hot item, but not the way it is when they've never seen it. The iPad has been my absolute best friend as a nursing mom and has helped me to stick with the nursing (because I get to watch hulu while I do it! :)