Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Day of Love





Valentines Day should be a big deal around here.
It is basically the day Jake and I decided to get married
We had been broken up for almost four months.
Jake asked me to go out with him and his friends for the night (to see if we could be friends again)
They had a fun little party for the evening.
I'm not sure if it was because it was Valentines Day and love was in the air,
or his huge muscles and sweet smile,
but we ended up totally making out.
We had been the on again off again sort.
We had said we were not going to date anymore unless we were going to get married.
I think that unspokenly mean we weren't allowed to make out unless we had agreed to get married either.
So that night kind of sealed the deal.
We've rarely been apart since.

I attempted a photo shoot for Valentine's Day last week.
It didn't go well.
There are no picture of Kate because she was literally running naked through the house screaming because she didn't want to wear something red. I gave up on her.
Sam wasn't so cooperative either. As you can see.
But Marianne.
She never fails to give me the smile I want.
That smiling pile of chubbiness.

When I was attempting to take Sam's picture he pulled a decoration off the mantel. It crashed down on to my head, splitting it open. Blood gushing from my head I called for Jake to help me. I think it resulted in a concussion because I've had a headache for a week now.
Oh the silly things I do.

Funny enough the picture Jake took of my head, so I could see the damage, looks like a blood red heart.
Oh Valentine's Day.

2 comments:

lilybit said...

oh the mushiness! :o) and ouch.

The Tomlinsons said...

SO cute! The baby, I mean. Not the gashed open head--ouch!