Monday, February 6, 2012

Meeting A Name Sake


Marianne with MaryAnn Wood her maternal maternal great-grandmother.
Marianne with her Great-Aunt Carol. She really is great too. We have been so lucky, Marianne and I have spent a lot of time with Aunt Carol this year.

I had put my camera away before Marianne was held by her other great-aunt. So no pictures. But Marianne almost immediately spit up all over her Great Aunt Marilyn too. What a trooper.

Sunday seemed like the perfect chance to go and visit my Grandma Wood. She only lives a little over an hour away now. She has had a lot of health problems lately so we haven't been able to visit yet (my three loud kids are overwhelming to anyone). But Sunday my Aunt Carol as well as my Aunt Marilyn and Cousin Tina were all there. So Marianne and I decided to make the trip alone. Marianne was named for this beautiful grandmother of mine and I thought it about time they meet.
Marianne really turned on the charm for everyone.
Doing all her best tricks, like smiling, giggling, goo-gooing, and rolling all around for the better part of 5 hours.
She won over everyone of course, even me. She was simply delightful to enjoy without the other kids around.
I enjoyed visiting with these four wonderful women.

Grandma Mary Ann is one tough cookie. She has has a hard life, and continues to, but she is always full of grace and love. She seemed proud to have a great grand daughter named after her. I know I am proud to have a daughter with such a wonderful namesake. Most of all I enjoyed a still moment watching Marianne and Grandma cuddle together in grandma's bed.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sweet Sunday.

Janalyn said...

I am so glad that you were able to make it there and get some pictures of them together!