Thursday, April 9, 2015

March 2015












1. Marianne with Anders Lind.  He spent the day with us while his parents went skiing and I thought they made a cute pair.

2. Puzzle Races.  Our family is really into puzzles recently.  We've been sitting around our new game table assembling 500 piece puzzles about hot air balloons and colored pencils and all kinds of things. Marianne wants to be a part of it but she is not old enough for difficult puzzles so we have been doing more family puzzle races with this sea puzzle.  I think Kate holds the record of 32 seconds or something like that.  Even jake and I compete, but don't always win

3.  Sam came home from school one day drawing "fractal" art.  He drew maybe 20 pictures in that technic the first day.  But it didn't stop there.  This day he drew one and Marianne copied his every line- and I thought it was amazing how well she copied him.  The two pictures are nearly identical- well considering a 6 year old and a 3 year old did them.  Then Sam wrote his and my name on one and gave it to me.

4. Marianne's tastes have changed from just six months ago when everything was sports and batman.  Now clearly she is into ponies, brackets, sparkles, frozen.....

5.  Beth gets dressed up in dress ups too, and looks sweet with those pursed lips.

6.  Moms and Muffins is a day the Elementary School has every year.  You get to come with your kid to class eat a muffin and let them read a book to you.  I think Sam was one of the only kids in his class reading me a book instead of having the mom read the book to the kid... because he can basically read anything now!  Of course this was the first time I had to split my time between two classrooms,  in a two years I will have to split between three classes :)

1 comment:

Meridith said...

He loved playing at your house! Thanks again!